Friday 26 February 2016

Parliament last week

Parliament this week discussed the DVSA taxi driving test test.

 In the past I have spoken against this test being introduced on all drivers here in Manchester.

I argued the point that I and many others, had driven our streets for over 30 years without a 'own fault' accident occurring. I asked where would they find an examiner with more experience to test me.

I made a serious error of judgement. !

I did not realise how many Third World, sub standard drivers would enter the Taxi and Private Hire trade over the last few years. 

The Accidents this week in London, which all occurred through the fault of dreadful PH CAR driving have been horrific. A couple of them were Policemen knocked off motor bikes.

The requirement to take the DVSA taxi test must be made Compulsory. In the most cases the wait for that test takes 6.7 weeks. Here in the North West region it takes 8 weeks.

This will act as a tempory brake on the large numbers of drivers flooding to join and destroy the Taxi and PH trade. It will give us some respite.

To that end I think we should Lobby all those with influence to have the Legal requirement for this test to be entered into the New Taxi Laws expected in the next Parliament.





No comments:

Post a Comment