Friday 20 May 2016

 HULL

A WOMAN has been jailed for falsely claiming a taxi driver sexually assaulted her. Claire Carr, 20, from west Hull was jailed for 12 weeks after she admitted lying about

The driver who was accused, today told the Mail he could have "lost everything" if he did not have CCTV in his vehicle – which proved she was telling lies.

Carr, 20, was jailed for 12 weeks after she admitted lying about the driver attacking her.

The 48-year-old driver picked up Carr from an address in Camelford Close, Bransholme, and took her to her home in Wesley Court, west Hull, on April 13.

He said: "It was just a normal job. " asked her where she was going, we didn't even speak until we got to Freetown Way. Someone had been knocked off their bike and we were saying how bad it was.

"I dropped her off as normal, she paid me the fare, and that was that."

The next morning, the taxi driver, who has worked in the city for 25 years, had a knock on his door from a police officer.

"It was about 8.30am," he said. "I asked if I could help him and he said there had been an allegation of a sexual assault against me.

"I was absolutely mortified."

The driver told the police officer he had CCTV cameras in his vehicle, which were checked and proved nothing had happened.

"She had told police I had made some sexual remarks to her, and that when we got to Fountain Road she said I had tried to put my hands down her trousers," he said.

"She said she screamed and made me stop the car and ran off.

"Thankfully, the CCTV proved different and showed what really happened."

http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/Taxi-driver-s-CCTV-lands-sex-attack-liar-Claire/story-29299250-detail/story.html

No comments:

Post a Comment