Friday 27 June 2014

UBER, Manchester have illuminated signs fitted.


I believe this sign is Illegal, I paste the relevant section of the 1981 Greater Manchester Act.




It is quite obvious what Parliaments intention was when this section was implemented. You must not trick the public into thinking you are a Licensed vehicle available for hire. The interesting additional feature of this sign, I am told, is that the light goes out when it is mobile with a passenger on board, just as a real Taxi hire light goes out in the same circumstances.




I will of course see that the matter is reported to the local authority, BUT, I doubt they will do anything about it.

It is just one more thing to be added to any further action we need to take against this failing authority.

Read more at;

www.national-taxi-association.co.uk/?p=7619

taxileaks.blogspot.co.uk/2014/06/uber-now-using-illuminated-signage-in.html

No comments:

Post a Comment