Saturday 29 February 2020

80 Year Old London Cabbie dies in Horror smash

A man in his 80’s has died following a horror crash in North London. The horrific scene shows a mangled London taxi following a collision.between the taxi and a minibus.

The collision took place on the Hyde Estate Rd, #Colindale NW9 on Saturday evening,

A man who is understood to be the driver the taxi in his 80s, has died at the scene. No arrest have been made and an investigation and enquiries continue to establish circumstances.




https://www.uknip.co.uk/2020/03/01/breaking/80-year-old-pensioner-dies-in-london-taxi-horror-crash-in-north-london/

------------------------------------------------------------
STOKE

A woman has told how she needed major surgery on her face after jumping out of a moving taxi when the driver allegedly refused to stop.

Shannon Wiwczaryk, 20, had been out clubbing in Hanley, Staffordshire when she decided to get a cab home.


The waitress, who was with her cousin, Arlom Spillane, 19, and another friend, ended up leaping out of the moving vehicle after she claimed she feared for her life.

It started when a row erupted over the fare and the driver of the vehicle got out and confronted Arlom.

Seconds later the pair became embroiled in a 'scrap' on the floor of the minibus.

When Arlom managed to break free and climb out, the driver got back behind the wheel and drove off with Shannon and her friend still inside.

It was at that moment Shannon 'acted on instinct' and hurled herself through the open door, hitting her chin on the ground close to Jubilee 2 gym in Newcastle-under-Lyme town centre shortly after 4am on Sunday, February 23.

She was discharged from the Royal Stoke University Hospital four days later after undergoing surgery to fix her mouth.

And she is now asking for the public's help to find witnesses or CCTV of the terrifying incident.

 
Shannon said she acted on instinct when she decided to jump out of the cab.
 
Shannon, from Newcastle, said: "Me, my cousin and a friend got in the taxi outside Pink at about 4am. We got the money out to pay as I know some drivers like proof.

"We handed over £10 but it doesn't usually cost that much so we checked we'd be getting change.
"Partway through the journey my friend noticed the meter wasn't running and that's when the driver started shouting.

"We asked to get out. There was a lot of back and forth with us demanding he stop.
"He eventually pulled over but then he opened the side door and got in Arlom's face.

"Arlom went to push him away but the driver got on top of him and they ended up scrapping on the minibus floor. They both fell on top of me.

"Arlom managed to get out and hold the door open so me and my friend could get out. But the taxi driver got back in the front and started driving off.

"Arlom was running alongside but he had to let go of the handle as the driver sped up.

"I saw the panic in his face and just jumped out. It was complete instinct. My feet went underneath and my face smashed into the ground.

"The driver then slammed the brakes on and my friend was able to get out.


"If I didn't jump out of the taxi I dread to think what could have happened. I think he would have just kept going with me and my friend inside. I was scared for my life.

"I picked up my phone and immediately knew something was wrong with my face. I was having to hold my chin.

"The police eventually came and then dropped me off at hospital."

An X-ray revealed Shannon's jaw had broken in two places and required an operation to insert titanium plates and pins.

She also needed 15 stitches on the outside of her chin and 20 inside her mouth.


https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/woman-shatters-jaw-jumping-moving-21603746

No comments:

Post a Comment