Wednesday 4 September 2013

Rossendale Hackneys, exponential increase.

Plate 718 is pictured here, rather professionally disgorging his passengers into the path  of a bus, it was first licensed on the 6 July last.


The following vehicle Ross 775 was first licensed on 5 August last.



I am good at sumz, guzzinters and that, my calculations show that Rossendale licensed 57 hackneys for the first time in one month.

They all appear to be working here in Greater Manchester. Most  I fear in Manchester inner City. 

On a recent journey, with my local PH Company Kingsway (yes I use PH) a good pal came to pick me up, he drives a Toyota. A comfortable car, maintained in superb condition. However it is an 06 model. He has to take it off this year, because of the age limit.

He informs me at least 15 others at Kingsway are in the same boat, I believe him, if 150 cars have less that a ten year age limit, more than 15 need replacing every year. No? oh O.K.

He tells me they are all going to Rossendale and re-licensing. The p*ssing about is cheaper than changing a very good car, especially when the 'Job' is on the bones of its ar*e.

No the question is; if half of Manchester's 40 operators re-licence 15 vehicles in Rossendale, how long will it be before we are up to our ar*e in alligators ?

Perversely Kingsway have an 02 Mondeo Estate registered in West Cheshire, which is a bag of sh*t compared to my friends Toyota.



The West Cheshire man will no doubt cover my mates regular bookings while he is off work pis*ing about.

Why are Manchester Private Hire drivers putting up with this ?? 


No comments:

Post a Comment